Industry: Why Participate?
“World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC) is where industry and academia meet to move the practice and theory of open innovation forward. The speakers from industry, and sometimes government, present real-world challenges, and the participants are agile squads generating options from both outside-in open innovations as well as highlighting inside-out open innovation possibilities.”
(James C. Spohrer, Retired IBM Innovation Champion)
We invite you to participate in the World Open Innovation Conference to deep dive into how to manage open innovation in your organization. We will propose discussions on relevant open innovation issues that other organizations are likely to experience in a corporate, public agency, or non-profit setting. We aim to foster a collaborative environment between the academic and practitioner community. We offer conference participants the opportunity to tap into the collective mind of the conference participants and access knowledge on managing open innovation in different context through academic paper presentations session, best practice sessions, and challenge sessions.
- Looking for a way to get inspired by new ideas outside your usual work context?
- Getting to know people from other industries or disciplines?
- Exchanging some ideas and knowledge about current topics?
- Getting informed by up-to-date research?
- Understanding how to manage open innovation in your organization?
Then JOIN the World Open Innovation Conference (WOIC) where research meets industry!
There will be discussions on relevant open innovation issues that other organizations are likely to experience in a corporate, public agency, or non-profit setting.
There will be academic sessions where the latest research will be presented.
There will be industry sessions where the latest developments in the field with strong managerial implications will be presented.
There will be opportunities for practitioners to present best practice examples or even specific challenges from their daily work. This allows practitioners and researchers to come together and jointly find a solution while learning about the latest academic research on open innovation!
The challenge session:
- Offers discussion of real business challenges boosts open idea exchange and discussions with experts from various perspectives, industries, and disciplines
- Is moderated to stimulate the debate and guarantee a dynamic and constructive discussion.
The best practice session:
- Experiences from practice on predefined themes (for both practitioners as well as academics) will be discussed
- The selected themes will be matched with academic insights and up to date research
- Special effort will be given to networking with both academics and practitioners.
- Access to a global network
- Learning about the latest research on Open Innovation
- Validation of your own research as well as business approaches
- Identification of possible future collaborations
Small Business Gaining:
- Access to latest research on OI
- Opportunities to network with big corporates representatives harder to connect with otherwise
- Opportunities to get feedback on your business by academics leading the research in the innovation management field
- Admission into a conference that normally costs 10 times more